Sunday, March 23, 2008

An Important Beginning - April '07 - Part 1


This was such an important beginning last year that I wanted to add some photos and memories. (Since this only takes so many pictures at once, I'll do it in a couple of sections.)

Sister Cathy and I took off from Redding, CA with, as I look back on it, more guts than brains!!! LOL We'd had a brief run-thru from Uncle Jack on the runnings of this sweet little Dolphin (21 ft Toyota) but it shortly became "what was it he said?"


We found it absolutely hillarious when it came to all the basics we didn't quite understand..."you want me to put the hose where??" "Which side is the gas tank on?" "I think the frig makes a great storage area...since I can't get it to work anyway!!" And one of the biggest laughs of all ... trying to crawl over Cathy, asleep on the lower bed, as I make it from the top bunk to the bathroom, trying not to wake her up. In fact, I think we laughed about everything - and nothing - all thru this fantastic trip.


April was the perfect time to visit the desert.






The scenery everywhere was awesome. We started in Redding then drove California visiting family along the way. (Driving an RV around Long Beach, CA isn't something I plan on doing again. I finally decided, okay, I'm bigger than you guys and I'm changing lanes...deal with it!!!) We made our escape from CA on Highway 10, towards Blythe and the famous RV spot, Quartzsite, Arizona. (cont on Part 2)

1 comment:

Justin said...

Hey, where are the pictures from the REAL RV? :)