This isn't the best shot of the Hoover Dam - it's from the backside. I'll be going over again when I head back to Vegas and plan on parking to take the tour and get some better pictures. It's an amazing thing to see and having the advantage of being up so high in the RV, the sights were awesome. I saw a program on TV about it the other day and thought "yeah, okay. It's something special." But when you actually see it...it's nothing short of amazing!!! Am looking forward to the tour.
This is the front of the RV Park in Kingman, Arizona where I've spent the last three days. It's about 12 miles out of town so no city traffic and lots of room.
I was in the restaurant at the truck stop down the hill for dinner last night when a group of folks at a nearby table called me over. It was some nice people I'd met back in Calico Ghost Town, just out of Barstow. Small world!! I joined them and then we drove out to their property where they set up their RVs. They invited me to use the property any time I came thru.
Seems the RV lifestyle is full of nice folks, all out enjoying themselves.
I do love the beauty of the desert. The sunset last night, up on the hill in my new friends' RV, was stunning.
1 comment:
That is one place that I would like to visit... that dam would be awesome to visit in person. Be safe out there, we love you and miss you already... I guess we were getting spoiled having you around. :) Take care!!
Post a Comment