
I loved the desert area going thru the Sinai. This is a shot of the area around the hotel where we stayed at the base of Mt. Sinai. Most of us found our rooms, arriving at 3:00 a.m., but some brave souls walked the 3 miles up the mountain.

I managed to open my eyes in time for breakfast and then we were on our way to St. Catherine's Monastery.

Still no shot of Mt. Sinai itself. It was off behind the Monastery. This is a Greek Orthodox Monastery that has stood for 1400 years in the heart of the Sinai Desert. "It has never in its long history been conquered, damaged or destroyed and has thru the ages kept its image as a sacred biblical site where the symbolic meaning of the events of the Old Testament is illuminated and interpreted in the worship of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary."
"The Monatery's spiritual heart is the Chapel of the Burning Bush. According to the oldest monastic tradition, this chapel sits atop the roots of the same Biblical bush "that burned with fire and was not consumed" (Exodus 3:2) when God spoke to Moses for the first time."This was a wonderful part of my Sinai/Egypt trip.
I'm hoping to put all the pictures of this trip online soon. I'll let everyone know when they're available.
No comments:
Post a Comment